]]>

« Home | Show 22 - The Edinburgh Bands 2 » | Site problems sorted ! » | Show 21 - Rocking again ! » | Show 20 - Happy New Year ! » | Problem with show 20... » | Show 19 - New Year coming, new songs to hear ! » | The Missing Christmas track is here ! » | Video interview with Hungry Lucy » | Missing track ! » | A Christmas Rock'n'Light extravaganza »

Monday, January 23, 2006

Play show or right-click to download Show 23 - The Backpackers

Apologies to the bands who I'd been planning to play this week, but after the Dropkick / Dead Beat Club gig at the Caledonian Backpackers Hostel last Friday I was put in the mood to play the bands I'd heard plus one which was new to me (I'd fallen into conversation with one of the band members and looked them up when I got home).

So, for a flavour of the gig I bring to you:

Dropkick - Top Of The World
From the amazingly catchy and incredibly witty 'Music To Watch Sheep By' album, which you really should buy. Tell the boys how much you enjoy them and pester Alastair to get the lyrics put online here. Or go and be their friend on their MySpace page.

The Dead Beat Club - Everything Turns To You
The band are going into the studio this week to record a 'live' performance of some of their material to capture that essence of the magic you feel at a gig. No multitracking, just setting up as a band and recording the whole band playing together. Keep your eye on their site and their MySpace page for details. Drop them a wee note here with some words of support and buy their wares.

The Sundowns - Wendy
I can't believe I hadn't heard this band before, but luckily I was speaking by chance to band member Ross who'd come along to see Dropkick and the Dead Beat Club. You can find out more at their site or on their MySpace page, and drop them a line via the message function on MySpace (as I don't have an email address for them and can't find one on their site).


The soundbed was supplied once more by the wonderful torchomatic.


Honourable mentions during the show to the following:
Sooz Rowan's "Cruisin' With Susan podcast" - TFL's 18-wheel lady US trucker friend
Molly From Omaha
Slowjet
Port O' Leith bar
Edinburgh Evening News


This week's Scottish Expression is the haws, as in "this scone is really nice - it's the haws, so it is"


Thank you for continuing to support the independent artists in 2006 by listening, feeding back and buying their music.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

Vote / Other TFL sites

Contact Details

Call me!

Feed details / Subscribe

Donations to the show


I use & recommend the excellent:

RSSRadio

as my podcatcher


Scottish podcasting
Your guide to podcasts, each and every week - PromoPicker.com
My Odeo Channel
Podcast directory
UK podcasting at its best - britcaster.com
podsafe music network
garageband.com

Locations of visitors to this page

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger Templates